yeah, i stole that from a dave matthews song. deal with it.
according to the date stamp on my last post, its been five months and some change since i wrote anything. that’s a long time, even for me! sorry i’m such an inconsistent goob. much has transpired during these last few months, so here’s a quick catch-up:
- i worked at magnolia foods from mid-january to mid-april. it was fun while it lasted 🙂 i ended up leaving for a few reasons, the main one you’ll find out about later in this post!
- i got to serve at and attend orange conference (again!) with some other college life leaders from brentwood. we had a great time and learned alot!! [i may or may not have learned most of the words to the great will smith classic ‘gettin jiggy with it’.]
- also got to attend the advance the church conference (again!) with some of my dear friends! this is the second year we’ve gone, and it was both refreshing and challenging.
- i went to the beach with my family for the first time since 2007. i’m way too tan to be irish … and i love it. i went floating every day, read lots of books (for fun!!), and laid out and gabbed with my sister and my mom about everything under the sun.
- and the biggest thing to catch you up on …. i am moving at the end of july! in a few weeks, raleigh will be home. i’m moving with a group of 14 other people to plant a church in that area next year (lord willing!). its both terrifying and exciting …. but overwhelmingly good and god-ordained.
a little more about the move … that feels weird to say- i’ve lived in lynchburg for 16 of my 28 years. i’ve attended and graduated from high school, college, and grad school here. i’ve served at brentwood church here. i’ve changed apartments more times than i care to count, but i’d consider this my first real move. like i said, it is both exciting and terrifying! exciting that i know i’m being obedient; that i get to work and do life with an awesome group of people that i already consider family; that i get to write my dream job and use my quirky gifts to help bring the gospel to people who need christ; that i have this chance to increase my faith and watch god do his thing (and be part of it!!!). terrifying that i don’t have a job yet; that i am leaving a life that i’ve built and love here; that there is a very real possibility that i’m inadequate for this. let’s be honest here: i’m a wreck and a wretch. i have weird humor, and an obnoxiously loud laugh that gets me stared at in public. i’m a geek. i’m way too independent for my own good. i’m a stubborn little cuss. i either over think or jump blindly … there is no middle ground with me. but in spite of those things- or maybe because of them- god wants to use me, and let me in on what he’s up to. which means he’s got a plan to use my weird humor and obnoxious laugh, my stubbornness, my independence, my geekiness- to connect with people and be an agent of change. more than likely, i’ll be the one who gets changed the most. and that’s cool with me. i need it desperately.
change of topic …. here’s some things i’ve been obsessed with lately:
iced coffee. well, that’s nothing new. but the weather here has been PERFECT for iced coffee. this summer the drink of choice is a grande, three pump caramel, one pump coconut, breve iced coffee with milk. and if you’re using your gold card or registered gift card, you get free refills. oh my.
this song. even on good weeks, it ends up on repeat for at least an hour every couple of days … and on rough weeks, … let’s just say i’m thankful digital files don’t wear out.
pinterest. if you haven’t heard of it (especially if you’re a girl) you should check it out! its essentially a bulletin board site. you can ‘pin’ links to photos or DIY tutorials or recipes or whatever to one place and not have to have hundreds of bookmarks! check it out here.
any book by rick riordan! pretty sure i have mentioned the percy jackson series before … they are the ones about greek mythology in modern day manhattan. fabulous. don’t watch the movie … i heard it sucked and changed alot of things. but he also has a series (the kane chronicles) about egyptian mythology in modern day brooklyn. i read the first two in that series while at the beach, and i can’t wait for the rest of the series! there’s also a first book in a series about roman mythology as well. yes, they are juvenile fiction … and no, you won’t be disappointed. do it … do it now.