today on my lunch break at work, i made a list of ‘top 10’ posts i could do … some serious, some stupid, and some just for kicks. then i got in my car after work and thought of another one …. behold, the top 10 worst things about summer!
- melted chapstick in the car. the worst is when whole clumps come off on your lip. i was … unhappy.
- hot cars in general- especially if the car you’re getting into has vinyl or leather seats and you’re wearing a skirt of shorts. OUCH.
- mosquitoes. nothing else to say.
- except for mosquito BITES. and always in those hard to scratch places.
- gorgeous weather on days you’re stuck in the office. and of course, it always rains on your days off. FAIL.
- allergies. and my body picked this year to develop pollen allergies. thanks for that.
- humidity. yeah for living in the south! its great to be all showered and fresh, walk out of the house to walk to the car … and immediately need another shower.
- sand in the swimsuit. let’s be honest … that’s on the top 10 most uncomfortable sensations on the planet.
- tan lines …. awkward ones that make wearing sundresses a real feat.
- and let’s not forget sunburn …. especially for those of us who are english-irish and super fair-skinned.
so what’d i miss? agree? disagree? let’s hear it …. i’m going to try to post a new ‘top 10’ every week. hopefully it will be a regular thursday feature! (yeah, we’ll see how long that lasts …… haha)